Sunday, April 20, 2008

Loaf #8

[picture of a loaf]

This was an experiment.

I took a spoonful of my rye-based sourdough culture and mixed it with 800 grams of water. I mixed in 400 grams of soy flour and a gram of salt, and let the mixture ferment for 15 hours. Then I mixed in 200 grams of bread flour and kneaded in another 200 grams. I let the dough ferment for eight hours and then moved it into a pan. I let the dough proof for four hours, and then baked it in 120 °C for nine hours with a panful of water in the oven. I heated the oven to 150 °C ten minutes before taking the loaf out. Crumb temperature was 95 °C immediately after removal from oven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olisko mitenkään mahdollista saada näihin suomennoksia? Tämmöiseltä vanhalta ämmältä kun ei tuo Lontoon murre oikein taitu.

Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho said...

Tulisi kaksinkertaisesti työtä. Löytyisikö sille lukijakuntaa tarpeeksi?